Every small business owner tries to find ways to cut costs, and as you prepare for the coming year you may wonder whether it is worthwhile for your business to switch to outdoor solar lighting. Outdoor solar lights are most common in residential settings – they are used to light up gardens, driveways and porches. You may be reluctant to install them in your business because you are not sure whether they will provide enough lighting to keep the premises secure. Worry not – so long as you buy the right kind of lighting and you have it installed properly it will work just as well as electrical lighting and your business will remain safe.
When should you consider switching your business to solar outdoor lighting?
- If the total cost of keeping the lights on comes to more than 15% of your operating costs it means that you are paying too much to light up your business. It is recommended that for you to be optimal you should take your monthly electricity bill and then look for ways to cut it in half. One of the ways that you can do that is to install outdoor solar lighting. There will be a big initial cost, but your monthly cost for lighting will go down significantly.
- If you are having a hard time finding money in your budget to grow your business one of the places that you can cut costs is in lighting. You may not be able to sufficiently cut down in-house lighting without incurring a huge initial bill, but converting to outdoor solar lighting is a low cost installation that will reduce your utility bills by more than half.
- If your electricity bill has been rising over time it means that your operation is becoming more and more inefficient. You should tabulate your lighting costs separately and track them over time, and if you find that they are rising it may be time for you to install outdoor solar lighting.
- If you belong in an unpredictable industry you should always keep costs at a minimum – you do not know what you will be getting from year to year. To that end outdoor electrical lighting is an excellent idea. You will be able to keep your electrical bills at a minimum and this can be very helpful in years when the industry doesn’t do well.
- If you have been looking for ways to bring down the cost of manufacturing you may want to install outdoor solar lighting. Solar power may not be able to power heavy machinery, but it will help you cut down a lot of the costs that are associated with your manufacturing plant.
Lastly, if you want to impress your stakeholders, including your customers, you should switch to solar lighting. Many people are now keen to only interact with businesses that are environmentally conscious so if you can demonstrate that you have switched to outdoor solar lighting you may be able to garner a bigger market share.